Tuesday, June 5, 2012

F-U DMV

Dmv is a shithole. I spent a good amount of time there today while trying to get the title for the 39 flathead. I got a title service recommended by Atom of 24 Cycles to do the vin verification, but my DMV wasn't buying it. Due to a massive number of HD thefts that happened in the 60's and 70's in this area, (thanks M/C Clubs and meth addicts), the stolen bikes are starting to resurface, making all these new rules for LEO only HD vin verifications. So now I get to go to CHP, who requires a complete bike to verify VIN. It's hard to keep your cool when dealing with state workers who don't get paid to do the right thing. They ran the numbers, as did the vin verifier, and the motor is clean. I just don't want to get a SPCN title, as I am using a Paughco frame. I guess next time I am getting an equipment violation, I should ask the officer if he will sign off on some paperwork in trade for some bear claws. Or steroids.

No comments:

Post a Comment