motorsickles, vannin', homemade chopper goods, poorly executed photos, webbed toes, desperate housewives fan fiction, exotic candy, dildo storage, and Greedo vs Han.
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Step by Step
Since the ironhead blow-up, I had to get the jugs bored to .030 over, and my machinist gave me a nice set of hyper-something KB pistons. They have a cool shape to them, so it equalizes the burn across the dome of the piston. Even though I have dual-plugged heads, it will be nice to ditch the extra plugs, wires and coil. I put in one of those nice oil pre-filters as a precaution, and flushed the cases with kerosene. The oil was metal flake colored, which at least makes it period correct. I cut open the K&N filter that was in there, and found lots of miscellaneous junk clinging to the pleats. My conn rods are to spec, and the heads and jugs got a nice coat of black Duplicolor ceramic engine enamel. I polished up the 900 rockers I got from Atom, and those will be the crown jewels. While I have everything apart I am going to do a quick re-wire and make it look a little cleaner as I was rushed the first time around. It won't be prefect, but at least 50% less hack. Hoping to finish it this weekend, and do a few break-in runs at midnight next week. Want to try to make it to Midnight Mass and see the over saturation of old farts with flat-black cars and toy rats. They really have lowered their standards, which isn't saying much.