Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Flathead

Photo above not mine (I can't afford aluminum heads). Anyway, the 45" is slowly chugging along. Garry still has the motor and is wrapping it up as I type. I also gave him my early shovel 4-speed to do up. I am expecting a large bill for all this machine work, but I know it will be worth it. I imagine this engine will be bulletproof after this. I got an original springer on ebay last week, and unfortunately when it got here, it seems to be beyond repair. I contacted the seller, and he is working with me for a return, so it goes back to UPS tomorrow. Going to go with an all-black reproduction BT springer through Mike at Old-Stf. He has been helping me with advice and parts on this build. I am lucky to have him within an hour's drive of me. I have the wheels (both early Sportster drums 19/18), frame, oil tank, gas tank, and a few other parts stashed. Once I get the engine in for mock-up, I can start welding on mounts and such. Pretty excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment