Monday, November 26, 2012

Rubbers


Got the tires on. 4.00-19 front, and 4.50-18 rear Firestone Champions.  I really like the tall tire and big (not 16") wheels. I polished up the ironhead drums as well. On the rear I had a crappy new repop chrome backing plate/sprocket assembly and decided to mate it with an original aluminum backing plate with the repop sprocket. That way I'll have a decent looking original backing plate and new rear and transmission sprockets and chain. I hate mixing old and new drive pieces if I don't have to. The hoops and spokes were pretty beat so I just plasti-dipped them for the time being. The future holds lacing powdered black hoops to the drums with stainless spokes, but that is big money, and to be honest, I am apprehensive about lacing wheels for my first time, but it is something I want to do. I got all my bushings, heim joints, and linkages for the brake crossover and clutch pedal from McMaster-Carr today as well. That should be a time consuming but rewarding job setting all that up. I actually enjoyed doing it on my first chop I built, my 66 Triumph, so I am kind of looking forward to it. My chain should be here tomorrow, so I can set up the drive components.

No comments:

Post a Comment